Welcome, Juliet! and thank you for sharing your five favourite beach things — and that’s not all she’s sharing. Check out the end of the post for a chance to win photographic print of Tarrin’s Bay, the setting of Juliet’s new series, and a $25 Amazon giftcard.
My five favourite beach things:
1. Favourite beach: Kendall’s Beach at Kiama, which is close to where I live. It’s small and quiet (though can get busy in summer holidays), and has a kids park, grassed area, a view of the Lighthouse, BBQ areas & picnic tables, and shaded areas with trees for the sun-sensitive people such as myself!
2. Favourite beach food: Sushi from our local sushi place. It’s fresh and tasty for a hot summer’s day.
3. Favourite beach drink: I only ever bring water, but I think the ideal drink would be a nice cold and fruity frappe. One of our local cafe’s makes really nice berry frappes.
4. Favourite beach music: All I need is the sound of the waves, that is music to my ears. But if we’re talking beach songs, the one that keeps popping into my mind is a little daggy but fun – Kokomo by The Beach Boys. It makes me think of summer, sun, and relaxation!
5. Favourite beach memory: The first time my son went to the beach and experienced the sand, rocks, and water. He was a toddler at the time, and it was great to see his smile and laughter at the new experience.
My new Tarrin’s Bay series is inspired by my small coastal town, and the first book THE JANUARY WISH is available now:
When Dr Sylvia Greene makes an impromptu wish at the Tarrin’s Bay Wishing Festival, it’s the most out of character action she can think of. Hers is not a life of wishes. Hers is a controlled life of order, plans and preparation…of science and research and diagnosis and treatment. But her past has been weighing on her mind, and decisions made long ago have far-reaching consequences.
A week later, the daughter she secretly gave up for adoption at sixteen arrives in Sylvia’s small coastal town with secrets that can’t be shared. Between feelings of guilt, gossip, and a growing attraction to an emotionally unavailable colleague, Sylvia’s well-ordered life is soon thrown into chaos. She is no longer alone, and for the first time she feels as if her world is open to possibilities.
They say be careful what you wish for, but, for Sylvia, the unexpected consequences may be just what the doctor ordered.
>> Buy THE JANUARY WISH from all good ebook retailers:
>> WIN! Enter via Rafflecopter below to win a $25 Amazon gift voucher and a coastal photographic print of the setting of the Tarrin’s Bay series. Competition is open worldwide and the winner will be drawn at the beginning of February.